1. Sugary drinks and their equivalent in junk food
2. New Google Phone service whispers targeted ads into your ear
3. Boing Boing on AT&T’s rising termination fee: “you’ll be treated, from the day you sign, like a debtor rather than a customer.”
4. I enjoyed this article on Stieg Larsson. I was lukewarm of Girl With Dragon Tattoo though.
5. The greatest impression ever?
For #1–you should note that it’s the equivalent in sugar content, not equivalent in other ways. This stupid little piece of misleading journalism has been making me insane all week as I try to explain to people what it really is. I wish they had picked junk foods with a similar total nutritional profile; it would still be fairly shocking.