Current Courses Taught
- Columbia University undergraduate: Order and violence
- Columbia University SIPA MIA candidates: Political economy of development
- Columbia Political Science PhDs: Political Economy of Development
- Yale undergraduates: African Poverty and Western Aid
- Yale undergraduates: The Political Economy of Civil War and Terrorism
- Yale Political Science PhDs: Causal Inference and Research Design
Advising and office hours
Before writing or coming by office hours, please read the advising section that applies to you:
- PhD advising
- Undergraduate/Masters theses and independent study supervision
- General undergraduate advising (including course tips)
- Will I write you a letter of recommendation?
Also important: See the list of advice posts on the right sidebar for thoughts on development, careers and graduate school. If you’re interested in careers in development, or how to make the most of your degree, then this gets the routine advice out of the way and we can have a more tailored and focused discussion.