This blog is getting very close to its first birthday. My accumulated blogging wisdom is at least 83.3% lower than Dan’s, but here are a few unexpected things I’ve discovered:
1. Readers will shoot down your bad research ideas before you waste a month on them. It will sting, but it’s good for you.
2. People will sign you up for their e-mail list. All the time. You will hate that.
3. Your wife will get very, very irate if you respond to a question by suggesting that she can find the answer on your blog.
4. Your mom will love your blog, and you’ll no longer have to re-explain what it is you do for a living every holiday.
5. You will quickly realize it is an exceptionally small world.
We’re getting close to a critical mass of development and international poitics blogs. If you’ve been thinking about starting, give it a fling.