Come work with me on an amazing project in Bogota, where we are working with the police and Mayor’s office to build a platform for studying the impact of policing and city tactics to reduce crime, in real time, through repeated trial-and-error with randomized evaluation.
Here is the job ad, with IPA. (Please apply through IPA and do not email me directly, as I do not handle any of the hiring directly.)
The Research Associate will work on a highly innovative project on crime and violence reduction in Bogotá, Colombia. Principal investigators Chris Blattman, Donald Greene, Daniel Mejía, Daniel Ortega and Santiago Tobon will provide technical guidance. The person will be responsible of coordinating some aspects of the implementation with the Mayor’s Office, managing field operations and processing data.
The position is based in Bogotá and the Research Associate will report directly to the Research Coordinator.
- Managing, hiring, and monitoring staff working on the project
- Design and testing the surveying instruments
- Organizing field logistics
- Training, coordinating, and supervising the data collection team
- Tracking program status and randomization compliance during roll-out
- Checking quality of the data gathered
- Managing relationships with the implementing partner and the rest of the research team
- Assisting in the finance oversight of the project
- Assisting PIs in the analysis of the data
- Assisting PIs in the writing of project reports
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields is a must, and a Master’s degree is preferred
- Candidates with developing country fieldwork experience are especially attractive
- Training in development economics and familiarity with impact evaluation techniques
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Excellent STATA skills. Knowledge of R and GIS is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners
- Proficient use of MS Office – Word and Excel
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices