Current Courses Taught
- Undergraduate: POLS W3503, Political Economy of African Development
- MA (SIPA): INAF U6164, Political Economy of Development: Africa and the World
- PhD: Political Science G8412, Political Economy of Development (Columbia students should use the Courseworks site and updated syllabus. Public syllabus here.)
- Yale Undergraduates: African Poverty and Western Aid
- Yale Undergraduates: The Political Economy of Civil War and Terrorism
- Yale Politics PhDs: Causal Inference and Research Design
I will typically advise any Columbia student with interests that closely overlap my area of research, and who’s willing to work hard. Contact me or come by office hours. Before contacting me take a look through my research and projects to see if there’s a fit.
Also, read the advising section that applies to you:
- PhD advising
- Undergraduate/Masters theses and independent study supervision
- General undergraduate advising (including course tips)
- Will I write you a letter of recommendation?
Also important: See the list of advice posts on the right sidebar for thoughts on development, careers and graduate school.