Current Courses Taught
- Undergraduate: Order and violence
- Syllabus to come
- Masters (SIPA): INAF U6164, Political Economy of Development
- Syllabus to come, but here is my 2014 syllabus
- Columbia Political Science PhDs: Political Economy of Development
- Columbia SIPA MA candidates: Political economy of development
- Columbia undergraduates: Political Economy of Development
- Yale undergraduates: African Poverty and Western Aid
- Yale undergraduates: The Political Economy of Civil War and Terrorism
- Yale Political Science PhDs: Causal Inference and Research Design
Advising and office hours
I welcome Columbia students with interests that overlap mine. Before contacting me take a look through my research and projects to see if there’s a fit.
Then, please feel free to email me or sign up for office hours.
Before writing or coming by office hours, read the advising section that applies to you:
- PhD advising
- Undergraduate/Masters theses and independent study supervision
- General undergraduate advising (including course tips)
- Will I write you a letter of recommendation?
Also important: See the list of advice posts on the right sidebar for thoughts on development, careers and graduate school.