In the midst of this US election season, I bring you the first and last time that Canada’s Rhinoceros Party was allowed to appear on national public broadcasting. Hat tip.
From Wikipedia, various elements of their platform over the years:
- Providing higher education by building taller schools
- Instituting English, French and illiteracy as Canada’s three official languages
- The Queen of Canada would be seated in Buckingham, Quebec.
- Rather than awarding money as prizes in the lottery, the winners would be appointed to the Canadian Senate.
- Making the Trans-Canada Highway one way only.
- Changing Canada’s currency to bubble gum, so it could be inflated or deflated at will.
- Amending Canada’s Freedom of Information Act: “Nothing is free anymore; Canadians should have to pay for their information”.
- Adopting the British system of driving on the left; this was to be gradually phased in over five years with large trucks and tractors first, then buses, eventually including small cars, and bicycles and wheelchairs last.