Guest post by Jeff Mosenkis of Innovations for Poverty Action.
Most of what I post here is blatantly ripped off from other people, if you notice the h/t’s you’ll see a few names account for a disproportionate share of really good links. I’m probably forgetting many, but for interesting sources these are a good start:
- My two favorite development econ twitter accounts also happen to be two of the nicest people on twitter, Dina Pomeranz and David Evans. If you want the best of what’s going on without joining twitter, just check their feeds once in a while.
- Rachel Strohm for development with an Africa/poly sci focus and also her blog, along with Kim Yi Dionne and Laura Seay.
- Tom Murphy for development news in general, and Jeffrey Paller.
- For development with an education focus Lee Crawfurd and Justin Sandefur.
- For financial things (particularly US-based), of course my colleagues at IPA’s US Finance Initiative, along with Tim Ogden and Jonathan Morduch.
- Feeds I just generally like: Pam Jakiela, Damon Jones, Ryan Briggs, Susan Dynarski.
- Blogs/newsletters you can subscribe to: The World Bank’s Development Impact Blog, This Week In Africa, Quartz Africa, and the aforementioned Ogden/Morduch’s NYU Financial Access Initiative “The FaiV.”
- If you want to browse for more, IPA also has a list of the twitter handles of all the researchers we work with here.
(And I assume if you’re reading this, I don’t have to mention Chris Blattman).