The biggest and best development economics conference of the year was this past weekend, NEUDC. Many interesting papers here. Some highlights:
- What does conditionality on cash transfers do?
- A cynical theory of why we are generous? Or why some aid is bad and we don’t care.
- What happens when Indian women get jobs in textile mills?
- Can workfare programs reduce violence? Evidence from India
- What happens when you make voter registration easier or more difficult? Evidence from France but lessons for the US